Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Our Home in Burgau (#8 Germany)



After 5 days in Hammelburg, located in the middle of Germany, we moved our home base to
the southern part of Germany and stayed in Burgau. It is a small town, but sort of like Nampa is a small town; it blends right in with several other towns and so seems like a big town.

Our first night in town, we took a walk and came across this cute little guy!


And, of course, I had to find a fountain in Burgau for a photo backdrop.


When I rented the place in Burgau, I was told it had a "pissor" and so we were all quite eager to learn exactly what a "pissor" was. Here it is, hanging on the wall of one of our bathrooms.


We occupied the entire first floor of this large bed and breakfast. It had 3 very large bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a living room, dining room, tiny kitchen, and lots of large hallways.


Moving days were always extremely stressful as we had to cram 8 suitcases and various shopping bags into our little station wagon. But, as you can see, we were successful!

My next post will be of Innsbruck, Austria.

1 comment:

E said...

That is one cramped car! I'm getting all caught up on your trip before I post about my less impressive one. But I had just as good company. ;)